Here is one more interesting VBA tool from ExcelSirJi team. File Properties Tool is an Excel VBA tool which gets the following properties of the file.
- File Name
- Date Created
- Date Last Accessed
- Date Last Modified
- Size (MB)
You just need to browse the folder where your files are and click on ‘Get File Properties’ button
'This function loops through all the files in the folder and 'gets the properties of each file and displays them on the sheet Public Sub GetFileProperties() 'Variable Declaration Dim objFS As Object Dim objFile As Object Dim strPath As String Dim vFile As Variant Dim iCurRow As Integer 'Clear old data from the sheet Sheet1.Range("C7:H" & Sheet1.Rows.Count).ClearContents 'Set the path of the folder strPath = Sheet1.Range("C3").Value 'Add slash at the end of the path If Right(strPath, 1) <> "/" And Right(strPath, 1) <> "\" Then strPath = strPath & "\" End If 'Set Directory to folder path ChDir strPath vFile = Dir(strPath & "*.*") 'Change or add formats to get specific file types 'Set the variable to FileSystemObject Set objFS = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") iCurRow = 7 Do While vFile <> "" 'LOOP until all files in folder strPath have been looped through Set objFile = objFS.getfile(vFile) 'File name Sheet1.Cells(iCurRow, 3).Value = objFile.Name 'Date Created Sheet1.Cells(iCurRow, 4).Value = objFile.DateCreated 'Date Last Accessed Sheet1.Cells(iCurRow, 5).Value = objFile.DateLastAccessed 'Date Last Modified Sheet1.Cells(iCurRow, 6).Value = objFile.DateLastModified 'Size Sheet1.Cells(iCurRow, 7).Value = Round(objFile.Size / 1024 / 1024, 2) 'Type Sheet1.Cells(iCurRow, 8).Value = objFile.Type vFile = Dir iCurRow = iCurRow + 1 Loop End Sub
How to use this tool:
- Save the following attachment in your system File Properties Tool
- Unzip the file and open
- Browse the folder which has your files
- Click on ‘Get File Properties’ button
- Done, you will get all the files available in the folder along with file properties
- To clear the data, click on ‘Clear Data’
- We hope that you loved this article and tool. Please share this with your friends and share your feedback, views in below comment box.Looking forward to see you again.